Thursday, April 28, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 trailer

Phew.  That was a mouthful.  Below.




Reactions?  I don't know if you can not be excited about this movie and have been born after 1985.  The book series was such a seminal part of our collective childhood, and the movies have been a fun ride.  David Yates has turned out to be the series's best director, and I'm glad he ended up finishing out the franchise.  Prepare for standout performances from Alan Rickman as the ever-mysterious Snape and Emma Watson as fiery Hermione (who, for the first time in the the first installment of Deathly Hallows, was the breakout performance of a film).  I'm on the edge of my seat to see how Yates and co. handle my favorite chapter in the entire book series: "The Prince's Tale."


Last year's great Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 was a good teaser for it's follow-up, which should prove not only to be the best of the series, but hopefully one 2011's best.  Try not to get teary-eyed while watching.  Just try.

Mentally, I've already prepared myself to scream when Mrs. Weasley has her brilliant moment during the Battle of Hogwarts.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment