Friday, May 27, 2011

Clip/Trailer from "Happy Feet 2 in 3D"

Yes.  That's actually the title.  It's not a subtitle or an additional discription, but this sequel to George Miller's Academy Award-winning Happy Feet is called Happy Feet 2 in 3D.  It's even its official IMDb title.  This is what we've come to, I guess.



There was something I found fun about the original, though.  It had nice songs, strongly-imagined dance sequences, and impressive animation.  I can say that I enjoyed it.  (Though, my personality is one of comparison, and since 2006 was a year of relatively weak animation, I think perhaps my opinion on the film is bloated.  But that's neither here nor there.)

While I'll always appreciate true-to-life animation, personally it just turns me off.  I appreciate it from a craft standpoint and understand how difficult it is to capture realistic humans, environments, and animals...but I just don't like it very much.  Nevertheless, given that its predecessor won the Best Animated Feature Oscar, this one is surely to be in the conversation if not a nominee at the 2011 awards.

Eat all penguins...please.  EAT THEM.
Also.  There is just so...much...dancing in this.  It's almost as if they're trying to say, "Hey, remember when we sang Grandmaster Flash's 'The Message' in the first one?  This is sorta like that!"  Does 3D have to be the future of animation?  Thoughts on the trailer?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment