Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jason Segal tackles "The Muppets"



If you saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides this weekend, you likely saw the brand spanking new trailer for the Jason Segal-penned revival of The Muppets.  But you may not have known you were watching it at first.  As always with the Muppets, the comedy reigns supremes, and that awfully tricky opening got me excited.  It's typical Muppet humor, but that's exactly what I love. Looks like there are a ton of musical numbers, which makes me smile; any chance to hear Amy Adams sing again in a movie is worthy of the ticket price.  Even a 3D ticket price.  I'm in.  Color me tickled to see the Muppets back on the big screen where they belong.
"Kermit...the Frog?"
The poster, pictured, below (and seen here on IMDb in higher resolution) is cool, if not slightly creepy.  When do we ever see the entire body of a Muppet?  I don't know if I've ever seen Fozzie Bear look so terrifying or Gonzo so dapper.  If he wears argyle the whole film, I may not be able to sit still.  Also, does it look like they're descending from an UFO?

No comments:

Post a Comment