Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gary Oldman in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

A few month ago, I formulated a small, crazy theory that, should Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy be good and released, that Gary Oldman would handedly be the man to beat this year in Best Actor at the Oscars.  Then the buzz waned slightly, people like Michael Fassbender, George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, and Leonardo DiCaprio became popular names when predicting, and by and large, Oldman was left off most pre-season predictions.

But I'm still banking on him. A veteran actor who's never been nominated and is beyond overdue and looks utterly remarkable in the trailer...what more could you ask for? I love me a good well-written espionage thriller with a Cold War backdrop. Also featuring a stellar supporting cast of Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, and Benedict Cumberbatch. How do you think it looks? Trailer below.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a good theory. Who doesn't love Gary Oldman?

    ReplyDelete